The empty fireplace.....

What do you do with an empty fireplace in the summer, autumn and spring months?

I used to live in a house with two open fireplaces and when they were not in use I would place a huge fern in one and in the other I would set a romantic scene with twigs and logs placed in the fireplace ready to be lit on a cool night.
(that is until the dogs thought it was part of the outside garden and started to pee on them)

But that was then and this is now.

This is what I will be doing with that empty fireplace in the Italian summer months.
Fill it with big fat church candles!
I'll make sure that every fourth candle I light is a vanilla one so the room will smell beautiful.

These images are two totally different examples.
One gypsy style and one formal. Both lovely!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...