Give the dog a bone.

As I will be spending every cent I own on the renovation of the villa next year, some of the treats I take for granted are going to have to be reined in and that includes dog treats.
No more Smackos or cheese treats as they will be too expensive.
I don't want to spend $20-$30 a week on biscuits for 4 dogs when that money could buy me a tin of paint or 6 lavender shrubs.

So even though I am a terrible cook I have decided to make my own dog biscuits in Italy. I purchased this cookie cutter today in the shape of a dog bone and did some research on google for some great recipes.
As my dogs love cheese, this first one was the pick of the bunch with the second one a Must Have!


Cheese Bone Dog Cookies

2 cups - Unsifted all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups - Shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves - Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cups - Vegetable oil
4 1/2 tb - Water (up to 5 tbs)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Make a cardboard pattern of a dog bone, 10 cm long or use a dog-bone cookie cutter.
Combine flour, cheese, garlic and vegetable oil in container of food processor. Cover, whirl until mixture is consistency of coarse meal. With machine running, slowly add water until mixture forms a ball.
Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll out each piece to 1cm thickness. Cut out bones. Transfer to ungreased cookie tray. Do not re-roll scraps.
Bake in preheated hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Carefully transfer bones to wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in airtight container.


Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Bad Breath Banishers

2 cups brown rice flour
1 Tablespoon activated charcoal (find this at drugstores, not the briquets!)
3 Tablespoons canola oil
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2/3 cup low fat milk

Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. Combine flour and charcoal. Add all the other ingredients.Drop teaspoonfulls on oiled sheet, about 1 inch apart. Bake 15-20 minutes. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have good points there, so I always check your site, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
simulateur credit ou Rachat de Credit refuse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...