Rudolf the runaway reindeer......


I've finally taken down the Christmas tree with Rocky sitting on the couch over seeing the project.


This year I packed the decorations away properly with the tinsel, bead trim, lights and decorations all individually bagged. 


When the boxes are unpacked next December I won't have to spend four hours untangling everything!!!


I even placed glitter stars on the top of the box so I know what's inside.

Next Christmas will be our first Christmas in Italy and also our first white Christmas.

Christmas day in Australia is HOT! Usually between 34 and 40 degrees.


A freezing cold Christmas day with snow on the ground is hard to imagine.


Every year without fail, a few days after I've packed everything away, I'll find a runaway Christmas decoration. 
This year I was so careful and thorough. 
I searched under the couches and side tables, behind the couch cushions and even searched the dogs beds in case they had hidden a "new toy".
Satisfied that no Christmas decoration was being naughty and everyone was being nice, I sealed the storage box.
And then.........while I was sweeping the floor this morning....the broom nudged something under the ottoman.


I bent down to look underneath thinking "what is that?"


It was Rudolf, lost and alone and covered in dust.


After a quick clean up I unsealed the box and reunited him with Donner before Dancer could make a move on his girl.


Ok, so NOW Christmas is packed away, ready for next year.......... hang on, what's that Tommy's hiding.

 Oh holy hell, it's another bloody Christmas ball decoration.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...